Thursday, April 9, 2009

Run for Africa's Children

I had a survey on here about whether people would run with me for Care For Life, and it was a pathetic response, but I've never been good at sales, so whatever. I went with just my girls and we had a great time. Tim didn't come with me, so I wasn't able to run the actual 5K but we did do a lap around the lake at Kiwanis park and it was a beautiful day. We saw Tim's mom there because she is the U.S. Executive Director for Care For Life. There is a great energy at running events. I aspire to have the positive energy I feel at events like this on a more regular basis, it is simple and motivating, fun and healthy and the girls all had a great time.

This is the kids lined up at the line for the kids dash. I was so proud of Emma helping Audrey out, and so proud of Audrey for staying by Emma the whole way. I wish I had the camera video of the race, Audrey cracked everyone up because as the kids ran down the way to the cone and turned around to come back, Audrey was at the end of the pack, and just turned tail and ran back to me because she saw everyone coming at her. She had the best look of pride on her face!
Next to Emma in line is a classmate from school, She turned to Emma and said Hi and Emma was so surprised and I was so thankful Emma didn't play her shy card, but actually was friendly! Big steps taken that day by my girls.
Kennedy was warming up for her run (I absolutely love the headband!)
Rockin' out to the music
All the girls
Emma and her classmate Leah

I love how Audrey just moves the whole time to the beat, and Kennedy looks like she might be doing business and of course Emma is, Emma. It was a pretty good band too.

We had a great time, I am so inspired by my family who does so much for others. My mother-in-law and my own mom who always are examples of service and helping others and finding joy in service. I am humbled to be in the family I am blessed to be a part of.

No comments: