Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Kennedy

Kennedy is now one year old! My baby is so not a little baby now. She is toying with the idea of walking, but doesn't have the confidence or proper motivation to go for it, which is fine, they grow up too stinkin' fast anyway. So I was in a baking mood on Saturday for her birthday, and we had pop-overs for breakfast with yogurt and honey and strawberries and bananas (her favorite) and I also made blueberry muffins and homemade bread. I was done otherwise I would have gone the stretch and done cookies as well. It was a fun day, Tim had some serious block to move (more info on a later post) and I decided to just haul up, put on a hat and head to the zoo. It was great, until I took the 101N and it was shut down for 5 miles. Sooooo, 1 hour and 10 minutes later we arrived at the zoo, it was hot and packed. We did discover after the giraffes and zebras and envying the otters, that there is a new splash pad by the otters for my kiddos. They LOVED it and I loved just sitting there watching them. It was chaos, but I didn't mind (so unlike me). I piled them all in the double stroller and took them to the car afterward. Three kids in a stroller added up to about 90 pounds, it was tough on the hills at the zoo, but I made it. Audrey wants to go back for her birthday this saturday, but with swimsuits and flip flops.



No comments: