Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Miracles

This past week has been full of miracles. I won't share them all because they are so personal and tender, but I cannot ignore the fact that through this tragic time in my family's lives we have witnessed miracles that come only through experiences such as this. My personal testimony is there is no denying that our Savior Jesus Christ wants us to have joy in this life. I am so grateful for my Savior and for the peace he offers if we will accept it and have faith that all these things will be for our learning and experience. When we are faced with trials in our life we find out what we're made of; what we beleive, what we value, what we love and who we are. I have been somewhat on spiritual "cruise control" for the last while and and Ben's passing has caused me and my family to slam on the brakes, swerve and really take note of our surroundings and also to check the map (my silly analagies). So much of what we want to see isn't on the map of life, but I have had a witness of peace that the plan of salvation and happiness through our Savior Jesus Christ is real and applies to me and my family and each individual here. Affected by this is my attitude towards my blog. I actually had scheduled 5 posts on Thursday night before the accident and I was so proud of myself for being so "on top of it" and now I read them with new perspective and I want to start them over, so they'll come out, just different, and better. I'll quit rambling now, but I am so grateful for the growth that comes through life's challenges, and hopefully I might even be grateful for the challenges, but now I'm just... working through it.


2 comments:

Mix Family said...

thanks for sharing. i appreciate your refreshing thoughts and feelings.

Tara said...

We love you all! Thank you for your testimony, I had to dry my eyes to respond.