Sunday, August 9, 2009

Because

I just have to say I'm thankful.
"When upon lifes billows you are tempest tossed,
when you are discouraged thinking all is lost.
Count your many blessings name then one by one,
and it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

We all have been and are still going through some really tough times. (That's the sugar-coated phrase.) I feel so blessed. My kiddos have been really healthy for the most part aside from regular sniffles and fevers. Tim has been plugging along through school. I have been so blessed with having steady work to keep us floating, and we have been able to get this far with both of our educations without having to rely on financial aid, until now. I am so thankful for what I know in my heart. My head tends to be crazy and forget what's most important, but I know there is a plan for me and my family. I can't see it, but I know it is a great one.

I am especially thankful for the blessing of having a positive attitude. I get it from my ancestors near and far and I am so thankful for it. It's a refiners fire to have to make life decisions that you didn't want to make, but when you are at the crossroads and you have to choose you find out what you are made of. The hardest part for me is I tend to look at what I used to have thinking it is what I wanted rather than looking further along my path and hoping for brighter and better opportunities. I know it is because I'm a creature of habit. I have a lot of anxiety about change. Too much anxiety. I have really remembered how to "let go and let God" which is a phrase taught to me by my mother, the queen of life lessons of which I am also thankful for.

The lessons I've learned about myself lately are (and I really already knew these, but they've been hit home recently) that
  • I'm really stronger than I think.
  • I don't need do it all today, or tomorrow; if it is really important, it will get done soon enough (that is a tough one).
That is pretty much it. If I can remember those two valuables, then I'm on the right track and hopefully I won't have to go through a "learning lessons" challenge again any time soon. But if I do, I know I will not only handle it, but be better for it. Here are my greatest blessings in all their honesty and and personality!


"nana nana boo boo!"

"cheeser!"

"does this make me look taller?"

"Milk and cookies makes EVERYTHING better!!"



"And who couldn't use a chocolate kiss?!"

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Kellie, you wonderful, wise woman! Thank you for this post; I feel like I can relate to what you wrote in many ways and it was grand to hear your wonderful perspective. You've always been one of my favorite people, and I still remember that quote from your mom, too (one of the wisest ladies I know). I hope things work out for you and that with a few more cookies and glasses of milk, your darling family will be right where you want them to be. You are amazing!