Saturday, August 22, 2009

ironic

I am still so grateful, because of all the things in the last post, but I find it ironic that when I start to feel a little settled and some peace, the tables turn, or in this case get temporarily pulled out from under me completley. I was leaving work on Friday and as I wish the doctor happy birthday for the weekend, he says, "hey can I talk to you a minute..." and he fires me. I should have taken back my birthday wish.
It is still settling in, and I am so sad because I have so many dear friends and patients at that office at Gilbert Center Dentistry, and co-workers I've worked with since the day I started practicing dental hygiene 5 years ago. I am sad that was all taken away from me, but I am so thankful for Tim and my family that support me when I want to crawl into a hole for a few days. I see now yet another black tunnel I need to go through. I know there is light on the other side, and I will be okay, it's just doing it again so soon that makes it so difficult. I packed up all my stuff, my pictures on the wall, my diplomas, my pictures on the computer, and left my key to the office. I will feel better next week, but for right now, I just feel like cacka . I hope the reason he fired me will be resolved, though I feel a lot like a scape goat when really the economy is to blame for him not making his piles of money, not me letting patients go without wrangling them into doing treatment. My goal has always and will always be to take care of the patient, and they will take care of me. I have a new blog about my professional growth too, check it out at kellieharperRDH.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Kellie. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Good luck finding a new job.

Whitny said...

Oh Kellie. I am sure it has everything to do with the economy. All the dentists I hear of are being pressured by the economy. You will find something else. I know it. I have heard that it is tough right now. But that will change. It will turn out for the best. Wishing you all the best. Good Vibes going out to you.

The Sutherlands said...

I wish we had a hygiene opening in our office, because I think you would be so fun to work with. Truth is, if the docs want you hustling the patients to keep them busy and you are not comfortable with that, well you probably are going to be happier someplace else anyway (its just finding that someplace else.) Good luck kid.
Heather

Natalie said...

If I could afford you, I'd have you be my family's personal hygenist since we are in dire need! I'm so sorry to hear about your job situation. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and I'll ask my bro-in-law (a dentist in Fredonia) if he has any connections in the Mesa area. Hang in there; your attitude is amazing and you yet again inspire me to be a better person. Thanks for always being awesome!

holly and matt said...

yikes! I hope him having to fire you tarnished his birthday. That sucks! I know once you start to crawl out of the hole you'll rebound so quick. your resilient Kell. I know Tim's really good at looking on the computer for jobs too; so put him to work for you. let me know if I can assist in anyway. I'd love to watch the kids if you need to interview or whatev. much love,
holly

The Nassers said...

I'll miss working with you. I know better things are coming your way. I wish you the best and let's keep in touch.