Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I have had a wonderful birthday. I was having a "rememberie" (my word for happy memory) about my best birthdays. When I turned 5, Mom was expecting Holly and was 8 months pregnant and had all the neighborhood kids in Rexburg up to the house for a costume party. I remember getting a baby cabbage patch doll named Wilma Josephina.
  • Next was when I turned 16 and it was my first birthday in AZ. All siblings living in Logan had signed a "birthday gourd" for me. It was a giant butternut squash (my favorite).
  • When I turned 18 I decided I should live up being a kid and I got cheesy birthday invitations and sent them out to my friends for my dress up costume party pretending I was turning 6 yrs old. We played pin the nose on the pumpkin, had a cake walk, how many marshmallows can fit in your mouth contests, and of course spooky stories. My friend (boyfriend at the time) Rob gave me a Tickle-me-Elmo doll just as they were getting huge. I still have it and my girls are a little freaked out by it.
  • At 19 I was living in Rexburg again, my first year at Ricks College, missing my family, and it was the first birthday I got a card from every one of my siblings. I don't remember anything else I got, but that was most special to me. It hasn't happened since, and it was just when I really needed it; It was awesome.
  • 21 I was married for 2 weeks to the day. Good stuff.
  • 24 we had just gotten back from Hawaii and found out we were expecting Emma.
  • 25 I was scheduled in clinic in Hygiene school and my case doc patient no-showed his appoiontment. It was a crummy day.
  • 29 I was awakened by my awesome sister Allison at 6 am from Minnesota wishing me happy birthday and sharing with me how she remembered when I was born, she was 10 years old and she was so excited to have a new sister. That made my whole day awesome, and so many of my other siblings and friends calling and emailing me their birthday wishes.
  • Now here we are today. I don't know if I am just a "Pollyanna optimist" or just don't expect much, but I really am happy just to have happy kiddos and happy husband and anything beyond that is icing on the cake.

1 comment:

Mix Family said...

happy belated birthday kellie!! loved your rememberies! i am melting like hot chocolate over your videos! i can't wait to meed kennedy this week! yay!