Thursday, October 30, 2008

29 on the 29th

I thought I'd post today, it being the last day I'll be 29, and it's the 29th. I love October. It is fall, and even though it doesn't show here in AZ like it does in many other places, I love the nip in the air (okay, 60 degrees is nippy, it's all relative, right?) and the possibility of comfortable family walks, and the kick-off of the best time of year--- the next 3 months! I am an optimist, and I'm okay with that, but even more so is the twitter of excitement in my bosom when I think of Halloween (and Halloween-eve, A.K.A my birthday) and then the month of gratitude with Thanksgiving and then Advent and the Spirit of Christmas. Tim tells me I'm too sentimental and "girly" but I mentioned to him today that I have been asked over the last few weeks what I want for my birthday. I know it is really corny, but I really want what I already posess. I tried one year to want it all, or even just this or that, but in actuality, I am really happy with all that I have, and if I could be given anything, it is the peace of mind to let go the piddly little things that pull me away from the objects of my true happiness:
  • My family and friends
  • My good health and my healthy kiddos,
  • My testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Nuts and bolts, the things that hold us together, and keep us grounded. I feel like I'm gonna start spouting some odd cliche's because it's late and my eyes are all fuzzy, but for the record, I'm grateful for being here and for each of the people that enrich my life and make it more beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just in case I don't call you tomorrow because I let my life get too crazy with not letting go of the "little stuff", Happy Birthday! You are a great sister, and I can't believe you are going to be 30. It seems like just yesterday you were parading around the house with all your friends in costume celebrating those single digit numbers. Here's to you and aging gracefully!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday! I think it's great and fun to be sentimental and "girly", so way to be. I hope you get to do something wonderful today. You look fabulous and have the cutest daughters. May this new year of life be your best yet!

dmix007 said...

happy Happy! We had a preschool celebration in your honor (not really but why not think so)...I have struggled turning 30, but with your half full kind of attitude you will embrace it and love it! Your such a great example...Jen