Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pat's Run

On April 17th I ran Pat's run. It's a 4.2 mile run/walk for Pat Tillman Foundation.  I set the goal back in February and registered and made myself get ready for it on the treadmill.  I went and ran it in 44:14 which is about 11 min mile, and I ran the whole way.  I felt great the whole day until about 4 pm when all my muscles seized up.  I hadn't run outside for years.  I have only run on a treadmill, and only up to 4 miles.  After the race was said and done, I had to account for travel to and from the race start and my silliness getting off the light rail a mile early, and deciding to just run the mile to the truck.  In all I ran about 6 miles by 10 am, which I wasn't prepared for.  Now I'm running outside and I am ready for a 10K or two on my way to running a 1/2 marathon.  I never knew my knees could do this, but my heart and mind are so glad they can! 

No comments: