Saturday, May 23, 2009

Respect where it's due...

National Memorial Day Concert...a time to remember, to heal, to bring our nation together...

I am so thankful for the sacrifices of so many on behalf of the freedom of this great country in which I live.  I have watched the National Memorial Day concert on the White House lawn with Tim for the last 9 years every Memorial Day and it really keeps the reason for the remembering alive.  It  is hosted by Gary Sinese and Joe Montegna.  I highly recommend watching it and really making time to let the kids watch it too.  I personally keep the box of kleenex close, but that's just me.  Who knows, it may be that way for you too.  It usually is on at 7 pm on PBS on SUNDAY night before Memorial Day.  Check the website for more information.  

This is the link:  Sunday, May 24, 2009

No comments: