Friday, May 1, 2009

not just words

I usually feel like I need to have pictures when I post, but I am growing up and trying to get away from that. I feel like I need to ramble a little bit tonight. I just read my friend Tara's blog and she made me cry with her sincerity. I feel so blessed to have 3 beautiful healthy children. They are my world. Tim has been so wonderful in helping me keep a little bit of a level head in this crappy economy, and without him, I would be a huge mess. Everyone at some point in their life has felt like they are really stuck between "a rock and a hard spot" and that feeling of being sucked down to where all is dismal is horrible. It almost happened to me this past few weeks, but I went to stake conference and was blessed with simple clarity to remember what I know: which is turn to Christ. I know the steps, but for some stupid human reason I stop taking them or forget or get to busy or whatever then I'm off track and have that terrible lost feeling. I remembered I know that Christ will give me strength if I put his yoke on me I can receive rest for my soul (Matt 11:29). Solace in this time of craziness. Peace for my lack of patience. Comfort in my faithful obedience. I feel better now, and a little lighter for the tears I've shed.

No comments: