Sunday, February 8, 2009

Trade up...

Due to the quarantine on our house last weekend during Superbowl, I had the opportunity to look at some of my scrapbooks from my senior year in high school through my years at Ricks College and it was like a super trip down memory lane. It was so much fun, so much laughing and remembering. I don't have a scanner, but when I do, man the quality and stories on my blog will improve exponentionally, until then, I just have my digipics to get through. Be it known, if I knew how, I would post some of those crazy funny pictures from years ago in a second (a.k.a. tips on how to scan very welcomed!)

As we are admitted craigslist junkies, we made a trade yesterday. We had a dilemma of whether we would use our weight set... ever. So, we stewed and posted, and waited, we had many offers for trades, and ridiculous low ball offers, but we finally settled on something we might just use a little bit more than that dusty old weight set. Let me just say, the measure of a dad can be made by what he sacrifices right? So, measure the sacrifice of his weight lifting set and all associated with that for this...
Needless to say, the pink camo is probably just the cover for "it's for the girls, for them to play and spend more quality time with us outside..." as Tim rides off into the sunset. This, I beleive, is an investment in now, not what may be or what we wish we could be (as was with the weight set) and I am so excited for the trade! I know many more happy memories will be made with this than would ever be with the weight set!

2 comments:

The Sutherlands said...

Looks like you have some free real estate in your house-room for a scanner there probably, now what to trade for it...
and yes, my girls will be insanely jealous (so will Reed!)
Heather

Mix Family said...

that looks like a LOT of fun! what an excellent trade. go pink camo!!