Sunday, February 22, 2009

The next thing...

I have moved on, said goodbye to my expedition and the van has enjoyed having the driveway all to itself. After a week of a loaner truck, we are pleased to add the next member of our auto tradition to the family. I think it is comical how many vehicles we have owned since Tim and I have been married, the list is as follows (in order of appearance and pictures where possible)
  • 1969 red Chevy truck (Tim's from high school, we sold it because we were out of money, otherwise we would have kept it, we kick ourselves for that occasionally).
  • 1987 silver Ford Tempo (I drove this at Ricks then my folks let us use it for a while when we were first married
  • 1994 white Chevy Cavalier
  • 2000 Yamaha V-Star (motorcycle)
  • 1985 white GMC Jimmy "Blazer"
  • 1997 green Buick Regal
  • 1966 Ford Mustang
  • 2002 red Mercury Cougar (I won on The Price is Right)
  • 2002 yellow Ford Ranger (Tim's folks got this for him for working for him)
  • 1968 Ford Mustang (still in the garage, and runnin almost beautifully! We're hangin' on to this classic)
  • 1999 red GMC Sierra ext'd cab 4x4 truck
  • 2005 silver Nissan Altima (our first and last "new car" purchase from a dealer)
  • 2001 white Ford Expedition
  • 1982 primer grey Toyota pickup (good little truck, so desirable it was stolen out of our driveway, it's a funny story...)
  • 1997 white Isuzu rodeo
  • 1999 princess edition blue Pontiac aztec (does this count?)
  • 1985 red Chevy truck
  • 1968 green Ford Mustang (affectionately named "Betty" and in her 'passing' donated the vital parts for "Sally" to be the girl she is today)
  • 1983 maroon chevy truck
  • 1999 Honda Shadow (motorcycle)
  • 1997 champagne Nissan Altima
  • 2001 green Honda Oddessy
  • 2000 grey/purple Toyota Tundra


  • 1964 BSA motorcycle

PHEW! what a memory trip each car has. I remember as a kid, we had a red Toyota camry 1986ish and my parents wanted to sell it. It had a sun roof and power windows and I cried when they said they were selling it because I thought it was part of our family. I guess they didn't sell it because we had it until it was involved in a gang shooting in west Phoenix in 2002 and it was kept for evidence or something... I have always loved my cars, and I don't know if I'll ever get used to just sell one for the next because I attach to them.

No comments: