Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

As a valentines tradition started a few years ago, we made pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast this morning. They were just delicious. Aaahh. I learned this art from a fellow named Chuck Woods when I was just a kid up at my folks cabin at Mack's Inn, Idaho. He called them "fish pancakes" and I'd heard about them from my sister Holly, and wondered who the heck would eat fish pancakes. I was happy to learn that the name sake was created because the first cake he made was in the shape of a fish. He simply used pancake batter watered down a bit in a squeeze bottle and put it onto the skillet in the outline of a fish. After it had cooked for a bout 45 seconds, he would pour regular batter over the outline and when it flipped, voila! a fish pancake. Here it is, just for valentine's fun.

Squeeze out the shape... pour over batter...
flip...
enjoy!
with the leftover batter...a new take on learning the alphabet! Audrey and Emma...

All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther
Happy eating!

No comments: