Saturday, January 31, 2009

Indulgences

  1. Holly asked me to post three indulgences I have... Well, as a mother I think time is an indulgence. Since time is never free, I'm talking about short notice open time when I am suddenly presented with the proposition of an extra 30 min before I need to get the kids or even time at work where I actually have space to think of "me" things, I get an adrenaline rush. Unfortunately, I sputter out a list of things I want to do with that time, so I'm never really prepared to spend it, because I spend it planning how to spend it, but it's an indulgence none the less.
  2. Another one is my favorite magazine "real simple" Every article I read has some great "aha" tip or recipe idea or road test of some every day products from sunscreen to pencil skirts. I think I love it because I don't feel like I don't measure up.
  3. Talking with a good friend. Whether it be on the phone or in person, just taking time to talk and not have a reason or something to talk about. I have never been a good "caller"meaning I don't just pick up the phone to chat, even worse so me working all the time and having 3 kids the rest of the time. I love when I can just have a heart to heart talks and wish I would do it more with so many people who I know feel the same as me. I feel connected when I talk to people, and it is rejuvenating. Now it's an indulgence, but I plan to make it a habit.

1 comment:

Mix Family said...

those are great indulgences but they had nothing to do with great food, or pampering yourself...surely there's got to be something! especially with tim as the cook!