Friday, January 30, 2009

The Harper Infirmary

Well, I always thought when someone in the family gets sick, might as well all get sick and get it over with rather than volley the coughs, boogies, grumpies, no sleepies, feel yuckies from person to person. I regret ever thinking that because when everyone is sick, there is nobody feeling well enough to take care of you. So, this week, we all got it. Tim and I got it worst with me yuckin' out with a nasty sinus infection that affected my tear ducts making my eyes look like this (yeah, that looks professional!) and Tim getting the everlasting cough and aches and sleeplessness that even Nyquil won't help. Kennedy got her first taste of ear infections, a double shot! Audrey has serious grumps because she can't sleep without snoring or eat without coordinating chewing and breathing at the same time with her mouth. Emma has a cough not too bad, but just enough runny nose that she has licked the tar out of her upper lip to her nostril it is so chapped I don't know what to do. So, Kennedy is on antibiotics, I'm on antibiotics (2nd time this month!) and we have blasted through 2 packages of Halls throat drops, Advil PM, and Sudafed and now we're burnin' through the claritin. I'm ready to go back to enjoying the occasional Airborne for preventive measures. May we all survive each other, and feel better soon (cough, cough).

3 comments:

Mix Family said...

you guys get better, ya hear!

Tara said...

It seems like everyone has this nasty little bugger going around. Hope you all feel better soon. Let us know if we can do anything!

Sarah W. said...

I also think that is going around. My girls all got colds and then their eyes got all crusty. It didn't last but a day, so I didn't take them in to the doctor. My sister on the other hand got full blown pink eye in one and then it spread to the other eye. It looks miserable!

Ps.

stop getting sick!