Sunday, December 7, 2008

Best Christmas Ever! -Emma

So Emma has said on multiple occasions, "Mom, this is gonna be the BEST Christmas EVER!!" I love her enthusiasm, and her sweet spirit. I remember growing up and being so excited for Christmas that I'm sure my sisters wanted to throw me in a snow drift, and maybe they did. I do remember one Christmas my Dad wasn't excited to put up twinkle lights on all of the forest of trees on our huge yard, and I wasn't going to let the season go by without lights, so after what seemed like hours untangling about a hundred strings of lights and changing bulbs to get full circuits, I braved the cold (in Rexburg that's brave) and used the "aim 'n' throw" method to strng up the lights on all the trees in our front yard. It probably looked like a 10 year old did it, because I coudn't have been older than that, but I did it, and it was important to me. So, now Emma asked and asked "Can we put up the tree?" for 3 days before we finally had some time to do it, I plugged in the pre-lit tree and of course, half of the light strings are burned out or shorted. To appease her, we let her and Audrey put all the shatterproof ornaments on all by themselves. They were so proud!!
Here they are with the ornaments all on the tree and the lights off.And the lights on, or most of them.And then two days later after 100 feet more of lights and a few hours of re-stringing and re-distributing the ornaments on the tree. I love Christmas!

3 comments:

jenjen said...

We just put up our tree too and whether it is pre-lit or not it still takes hours but the kids love it. I love Audrey's outfit for the tree lighting ceremony, all dressed up for the occasion.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that is the tree we borrowed a few years ago. To be honest I am surprised the tree made it as far as it has without the lights pooping out. My kids always insist on decorating the tree-and then they redecorate it through the season, so I have learned to let go (almost).

Rebecca said...

I love it when kids decorate the tree, you always know how tall they are. I loved the story about loving Christmas as a kid. I was the same way.