Monday, December 3, 2012

Sweet November

November was a good month. It was full of thanks, and that's the way it should be. I often find myself wanting to post on this blog when I'm feeling frustrated or upset or otherwise ungrateful in some way, but I know that everyone feels that way time and again, and I don't want to practice being the person that dwells on that. I want to perpetuate the positive, and I am thankful that I'm able to do that.

I feel so blessed. I am home with my kiddos, even today, when Emma and Audrey are home from school sick, I love to be with them. They are good kids. They have good desires in their hearts, and I have to keep that at the top of my "list-type" mind to remember that they are kids, and they do what kids do best.

Amid all the mess, disorganization and occasional frustration that comes with a stay at home parent (I'm careful to use "parent" in that phrase because Tim was such a good stay at home parent and I don't discount the many, many dads that are at home with kiddos while moms work) I feel like I am new at this whole full time parenting thing.  I feel like I'm starting a whole new life.

It is a cross roads.

I can either choose to be dumpy about missing all my friends and family and familiarity of Gilbert, AZ now that I am home and could enjoy all that more, or I can get out, learn and enjoy all this area has to offer, meet and make new friends, and learn to cook, clean and keep a home with more depth and detail and happiness than before. 

So, as I am home with my kiddos, I realize the weight of consequence of the way I choose to spend my time.  I am still trying to figure out how my baby is 4 1/2 years old. I'm trying to figure out how to cook, where my creative muscles went, how to keep up with my running routine, and do it all with a smile in my heart, if not on my face.

I've never really been a good writer, but I aspire to improve.  I don't know if I want to be great, but I know as I work on the things I feel are important and are valuable, I will improve.  Writing is one of them.  I appreciate anyone who wants to read and give tips and/or suggestions or just spend a virtual moment with me here on this blog. We've been private for a few years, but I am trying out a different setting for a few posts and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

trinnyfam said...

I totally Feel you on this post. A smile on your heart is hard to keep. Its along the same lines as trying to feel peaceful inside when your environment is chaos. Keep writing g. I enjoy your thoughts.
Hollz

s said...

Thanks Holly :)