Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wicked Awesome!

https://portfolio.du.edu/pc/port?page=


I beleive... that everyones soul/spirit has a language that speaks clear language to the mind. You know, when you experience it (in any sense) everything is clear. I believe that my soul language is musical. When I found out (about 2 months ago) that Wicked was coming to Gammage at ASU I told myself, I gotta get tickets. I called up my friend Tara to see if she would go with me, and we searched for tickets. The only available tickets were for the 4th of July weekend. I searched for the best tickets and click click click purchased them. Only... I got them for 4th of July matinee rather than July 2nd when she could go. Oops. So, I was with two tickets and nobody to go with me. I called my mom who was out of town and asked if she would come even though I knew she was planning a family party at her house. She was tickled that I called and so excited to go. We went and had lunch and feasted on the wonderful story and music of the show. I admit, I cried. A lot. Not because it was sad, but I finally had given ear to my soul that loves art and music and theatre and it was screaming so loud I cried and I loved it. I am done with my lack of music and art and hope that when it comes back to town I can take my girls. I believe it is a way for me to connect with my girls just like I know I am connected to my mother with that voice. She is where I learned it from, now it is my responsibilty to teach it to my girls (tough job, but somebody's got to do it ;-) and the show must go on!

2 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

I love love LOVE Wicked too! I've seen it twice and still just wish I could go all of the time.

Mix Family said...

What a wonderful, wonderful thing to do for yourself and with Chris! Very cool. I too, have seen it and took my little sister. It is an amazing production and the best part was sharing the wonder with someone special. I can't wait to watch what musical fun you and the girls will have in day, months and years to come!