Thursday, March 19, 2009

The begats...

I love this one. The sale of the expedition and deal for the truck and a bit of help from our tax return, we got a camper. I don't know if I'm a product of what happens to me or what I happen to things but I do know this: Tim rocks C-list in ways that are borderline illicit, but I am the secondhand beneficiary. I am really excited for this one, and I don't know why, maybe because it smells like my dad's 198? Sea Ray boat that I remember at least 2 weekends a month taking to the lake (old sunkissed canvas maybe?) and I am excited to grip this tangible memory to be made. I fondly remember growing up on the river at Mack's Inn, working all day till we were almost to sore to go waterskiing, but then the lake was like glass and we'd go out and play for an hour or two then eat "fat boy" ice cream sandwiches on the way home. Tim fondly remembers spending weeks in Escondido, CA at the condo and going to Disneyland and Seaworld and the docs and Balboa Park. Here in the present, we are making memories with our own children and I am so excited for this camper to enable us to make those hopefully "fond" memories for our children with our children.

No comments: