Monday, November 17, 2008

"Thanksgiving comin' up!"- Audrey

Audrey is always letting us know what holiday is next. She had some difficult transition from "Halloween coming up" to Thanksgiving coming up" but she understands it is a cousin playdate and she is telling everyone now. So in case you forget... THANKSGIVING COMING UP!

We went to the Gilbert Days parade on Saturday with my good friend Tara and she is super. I would not have enjoyed the parade or being by myself with the 3 kiddos were it not for her. We had a great time, and thanks for Tara!! We sat in front of the barber shop just south of Page St. in our usual spot in the shade to enjoy all the glitter on the horses as they walked in the sun. That was Audrey's favorite part, Emma loved the handouts, she collected them and stored them in her baggie (which was also a handout) and collected as much candy as she could. Parades are not what they used to be when I was growing up, but my idea of a good parade is lots of butterscotch candies and caramel candies all broken up and smashed in the wrapper because they were thrown from a far distance, fought over and enjoyed as a great reward for the fight. This parade we were lucky if we could get candy sprinkled on the ground in front of us. We were between two groups of very quick kids, so the girls didn't get much, but enough I guess. The weather was absolutely beautiful and I am so grateful for cooler weather and blue skies I can really enjoy because I'm not hiding from the sun.

Tim attempted the annual garage clean-out and had about 10 people drive by like they were scouting the yard sale, and one guy actually get out and ask, "How much?" It was great, yet we still don't have enough space to put the van in there yet. (that is the end goal, well my end goal, probably not Tim's. )

Tara attempting to get Emma to look at the camera. Kennedy is hiding in the stroller, she was happy as a clam just sitting there and watching the parade go by.

Success with Emma, although I'm not sure who the dude is on the left ?

No comments: