Monday, July 28, 2008

School Days

Getting pictures for the record, Emma's so cute, and Audrey's a Hoot!
That backpack is huge on her!
Getting in the car (it's already nearly 90 degrees at 8 a.m.)
Tim walks Emma into the school and her classroom for her first day.


It's a big day for the Harpers, today was the first day of Kindergarten for Emma. She was so excited to go, she chose her favorte breakfast, M&M pancakes. She had her hair braided without complaining once, Audrey got dressed and hairstyled and we were out the door. It was a quiet day at home with just 2 kids again. Tim picked Emma up and when they got home she burst through the front door and said so exitedly, "I LOVED IT!!" Tim walked her into her class this morning and picked her up after school. Audrey was excited too, she knows Emma's teacher's name is Mrs. Dean. She had a fun day at home making messes with mom. Wow, life comes at you fast, and Emma is so excited for tomorrow. I love her enthusiasm for it all. I love being a mom. She is so nonchalant about it all. Here are some of her first day of school comments:
"We ate in the cafeteria, it was good, they had food there."
"There are two playgrounds in case one gets full, we can fill up the other one."
"I found 3 cousins in my class, I wasn't shy at all!" (she knew 3 kids in her class)
"I wore my shoes and socks ALL DAY!"
"There's even a nurse in my class, if I get sick, I'll be okay!"
Good luck to all those who get started or back to school in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Holy cow school starts early for you guys! How fun for Emma.

Christina said...

wow - school started early for you guys. We still have a few more weeks (in fact I don't even know the actual start date) Still, danica is extremely excited.