Monday, August 11, 2008

Sent from Heaven

Okay, 2 super sweet confirmations that we (Tim and I) are doing something right here. On Saturday evening we went swimming and came home and Emma was passed out asleep before bedtime rolled around. Audrey was still awake and demanded we follow through with our night routine ( scriptures, prayers, hugs and kisses, brush teeth, and tuck-tuck- tight). A new element I've added to this routine just recently is personal prayers. My girls are too short to reach the top of the bed when they kneel by it, so they just sit by the bedside. Emma was already zonked in bed when I was done helping Audrey brush teeth so I was just going to tuck her in and walk out. No, she wouldn't have it. I almost tripped over her in the dark because she was sitting by her bed saying, "Fada...day...Emma...Kendy...Wobby (Rob)...Tah (Tara)...Gaga... Gacob(Jacob) ...Ali... Mommy... Daddy... Happy...Jesus AMEN!" I could barely get her into bed before the tears started falling. She is so sweet, and that was her first prayer all by herself.

Then this morning Emma was on her way to school and for some reason Audrey was throwing a huge fit. I couldn't understand what she was saying "PED!!" and finally after Emma was gone and Audrey calmed down enough I said "Show me" and she knelt down and started her prayer. She wanted to say family prayer. She is so sweet, and a good reminder of what's important. I hope you all remember your prayers too!

3 comments:

Tara said...

We knew you were doing something right! We love your girls and the wonderful spirits they are. Thank you for letting us watch them as they grow.

Rebecca said...

How awesome, those are the days you love being a mom.

April Gould said...

That is so sweet. I'm glad I found your Blog. Thanks for all your advice and help for Dental Hygiene School. It was so worth it. I'm sure glad its over and I am now able to work part time.. at least until #3 comes along.