Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's not sooo hot.


Well, I think it may be a defense mechanism, but I really don't think this summer has been as hot as previous summers, nonetheless, I sure wish we could have spent a week at Mack's with the Mixes. I cried a little bit out loud, but mostly to myself. It is like a puzzle in my head... I try to think how do I get from here to there, right now, and forget that it isn't an event to get there, but a process, but it just didn't work out this summer. We watched our home movies set up there, and it will do. I think of my own memories growing up vacationing with my family and I want my kiddos to have that ache for family like I have when I think of playing in the river and playmill fudge and big springs and old faithful. The good thing is, I realized that childhood is fleeting, and whatever the sacrifices it is worth it. So, one day I will look back and miss where I'm at right now, but right now I miss where I'm not. I guess, now I just needed to get it off my chest, that it really sucks having missed the reunion at the cabin and reading blogs with pictures of kids growing up in the woods and my kids aren't there, or me or Tim. Who knows we might make it up there later, but the family there is what makes it. Okay, I'm done whining, hopefully someone can check on my tree on top of Sawtelle, and enjoy this picture I took of the cabin when I was in high school and tell me nothing has changed. I'll be okay till next summer when my sponsorship has come through and we are independently wealthy enought to go to the cabin and be.

1 comment:

jenjen said...

We missed ya, Kell, for sure next year...we hope, too. It's only as fun as the people up there! In the mean time we need to have a get together or two...What do we do in the heat to forget that somewhere else in the world is really cooler?