Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Here we wait... (caution, this is a venting post)

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'd love to linger on that thought.  But, it was over the moment the plane landed. And has been going around in circles since then!  I am usually very positive, so I apologize in advance for ranting, but if I don't, then I will literally have a hole in my stomache (I've already lost too much sleep and weight over this!!)

We arrived in Atlanta to find
an email in our in-box stating that our short sale (bad word) from 3 years ago was rearing it's ugly head with all of it's misreporting and difficulties.  Our ability to get a loan to buy our house was on the line! Here begins the knot in my stomach that writhes and continues to this moment.

We had to re-submit all our previous paperwork, new paperwork, loan applications, consents, identifications, statements and almost our first 2 born children!! That was 2 weeks ago.  2 WEEKS AGO!! The mortgage company we are using is *ahem* "less-than-stellar" to put it politely.  I truly believe this is the FIRST time they have EVER done a mortgage!  It is like the 3 stooges! "Who? What? Where is it? I need it now!" All of this on a tight time frame in the middle of the busy Christmas Season.  Of course, the primary contact gets sick! Of course the back-up gets sick too! Of course the fill-in guy has no clue what he's doing, he's probably an intern, not to mention there is no record of any kind of mortgage at their place of business.

Phew.  Now, here it is Tuesday.  Packers and movers are scheduled for Tomorrow and Thursday.  They are scheduled to deliver all of our "stuff" on Saturday at the house.  This all hinges on our being able to close the loan and purchase the house on FRIDAY.

We are delayed now waiting  on an appraisal from the lender. (Again, this is the first time they've ever done this, so perhaps they didn't realize this needed to be done, um, 4 weeks ago when the seller accepted our offer to buy.  It takes 3 days to process an appraisal. This is the week before Christmas. That means it will take 7 days, and if you do the math, that means we are homeless for Christmas!

Fortunately, we won't be out in the cold, but we do need to be out of our rental by December 31. Ugh.

If this all goes through, it will truly be a Christmas Miracle! If not, then my gift to myself will be therapy to get over this harrowing experience.  I wish there was a "worst part" I could pin point, but if there was, it would be that Tim and I are apart as we go through this. He's working in Charlotte living in hotels and I'm home managing the family and attempting normalcy for the kids.

If you managed to read this all the way through, thank you. It means you are either curious about our plight, or are concerned what will happen. I'll keep you updated.  Until then, I'm going to pack a box. Maybe 2 or 3. I don't really need to, but it will keep me busy.

No comments: