Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Last day, noticed.

There are many times in our lives we are in the middle. The middle of the school year, the middle of a project, the middle of training, the middle of a vacation, etc.  There are only a few times we are at the beginning and at the few times we are at the end.  Many of those few endings even go unrealized,
because we get caught up in the beginning of the next thing.  When baby walks, we are excited at the beginning of two-legged mobility and don't realize that it is also the end of crawling.  When we graduate school, we celebrate the beginning of the next chapter in life, but fail to recognize the end of school days.

Today is Tim's last day working at the Atlanta temple.  It is only 14 months and 2 days after the first day of working at the temple.  He has achieved so much in his short time there, and proved so much to many people.  He has built relationships there that he will cherish his whole life.  He has learned things about himself that makes him a better person, employee, boss and disciple.

In this process of life we have lots of changes and I have always tried to be aware of the "lasts" in life.  Some of those lasts we tend to want to forget, but they are a part of us, for better or for worse.  They make us who we are.

I believe the Holy Spirit helps enlighten our mind to notice those moments, so when we look back and realize it is a "last" that we will have sweet memories to carry with us.  The past two Sundays are some of those moments for me in our ward.  I have felt such love and kinship to our ward and the members we have served with.  I taught in Relief Society two weeks ago and this week was released from my calling in the Relief Society Presidency.  I have grown so much through that calling  in ways I couldn't have anticipated.  I have developed friendships and relationships I'll cherish always.  There are a few other moments in my life where I have been blessed by the spirit to know the end and to notice it before the next beginning.  These are wonderful tender mercies that I cherish always. 

Amidst the excitement of house hunting and dreaming of our next big adventure, I want to be sure to take notice of the end of this phase or chapter in our life.  I never thought I'd leave Arizona. I never thought I'd move to Georgia.  I never thought I'd be so thankful I did!  And now another state!! I know that I have a lot of growing up to do, and each day I grow a little more.  I am excited for North Carolina and all the blessings and challenges that will come with it.  I am thankful for the tender mercy I've had these last few weeks to help me recognize the Lord's hand in my life as He takes the lead in directing me and our family.  There are times I've written about here that I have felt like life is rushing so fast and it is too hard. It only feels that way when I don't have the humility and comfort of the Spirit with me.  I am thankful that the timing of this move is coming at a moment when I am ready to accept it and take it with strength of faith to move forward it the direction the Lord has set for us.

Thank you, Woodstock. It has been real.

No comments: