Thursday, July 15, 2010

commitment

So, I've been meaning to post this, but the whole blogger dilemma deterred me. Excuses excuses... Well No more for me!!  I have signed and sealed, just need to deliver my first official half marathon!!  First of many I'm sure. It is on Saturday, November 13 in Mesa, AZ. shunthesun.org is the website.

I always used my "bad" knees as a lame excuse.  I've been running for the last few months and my knees have never felt better.  I have also started trying other indoor training due to the heat warnings and ozone and well, our Arizona "hibernation" weather.  It has been really encouraging.  Tim has even picked up road cycling.  He plans on doing a race in October, on our 11th wedding anniversary actually, and then I'll run my race a month later.  I'm sure training will be a challenge as we fight for time away from the kids early in the mornings, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.  I'm excited, and wanted to share.  I needed to think about something great because I just cleaned up a really thick "potty training accident" and since progress is slow in that arena, I was thinking about something that is working!! Wahoo!

No comments: