Sunday, February 21, 2010

Did I do that?

Our Valentines celebrations started on Friday when Tim asked me if I wanted my present.  I am the self-proclaimed WORST gift giver EVER.  So of course, I did better than that and didn't get him anything.  He said Valentines is for girls anyway.  So I said yes to his question, and he told me to close my eyes.  He then got a box and put it on my lap.  I opened to see a beautiful box (I didn't know boxes could be beautiful but this one was) and it said "Coach" on the corner.  WHAT!! He was so cute, and so excited to give it to me.  He said "You really deserve it."  He got me a beautiful new tote.  His favorite part was telling me the great deal he got it for on Craigslist. So, he hadn't spent a fortune, but I can wear it like one.  Yay!  I'm not usually ever like that, but when I look at it, I think of him and so it isn't just functional, but makes me happy.  Thanks again Honey.

Then, Saturday, my cell phone contract ended so we went and got new phones to carry out the process of minimizing our media cost/time.  We went to costco and got some cool phones and so we can text and we feel like we're on the cutting edge, okay, at least the edge for us.

Sunday was Me and Emma at church because Tim was home with sick Kennedy and Audrey.  We watched the Olympics and had a lazy day.

Then, on Monday I was off work and Emma was off school so we did some yard work and played around the house with the kids.  I took Kennedy to the pediatrician to find out she had 2 "humdinger" ear infections and a possible penicillin allergy so we paid many pretty pennies for meds and dr visit, but she is good now.  We then went to the park and tried working with Emma some more on riding her bike without training wheels. I am so glad when I am off work that I enjoy being with them and not worrying about finding more work.  It was so relaxing.

Then I had to do something silly.  Now I can say that but I just said out loud to myself over and over again, "did I just do that?  I just did that!!"  While driving to work Wednesday morning, I dropped my brand new phone in my cup-o-milk. REALLY!  Did I just do that?  I just did that!  I reacted quick though, I quick popped off the battery, opened it up as much as possible, and shook the @#$& out of it. I hurt my wrist bad doing it too.  I cried the rest of the way to work.  When I got there I googled "what to do when cell phone drops in milk" and explained to Dr. Hansen what happened.  He's a computer guy, so he helped me doctor it.  He took it apart even more and asked if he could soak it in alcohol.  I saw that solution online so I said okay, and it looked so wrong to see my phone submerged in liquid.  He said he does that with computer components so I trusted him.  If it was gone anyway, oh well.  So, I called Tim and told him what happened and that I was so upset that this accident happened (when it now wasn't such a big deal) and thought he'd be upset with me but he said it didn't matter and don't worry about it.  Okay, now I had to get my patient back and try to hide my red cry eyes.  Three patients later I retrieved my phone from the alcohol and used compressed air to blow as much moisture out as possible.  Later that afternoon I dared put the battery in and fire it up.  It worked.  I called Tim and was so happy!  It continued to dry out over the next few days.  There is still some white stuff flaking out (dry milk) but so far as I can tell, it works 99%. If you get a text with extra letters that's because 'w' comes up with half of the letters and there are some other sticky features, but at least now I can call from it to insure it!

Then Thursday morning our good friends Rob and Tara finally had their baby.... GIRL!  After 32 hours of grueling labor she delivered 8lbs 11oz healthy girl.  Marley...Roussel.  She has got some lungs.  Aaaahh. Parenthood.  I remember when we had Emma.  We thought we were ready.  We so were not.  Three kids later we are starting to get a handle on it.  We went and visited them in the hospital on Saturday and got to hold the baby for a little bit.  She can fill the "babyfever" for us for a while until Tim is done with school then we'll court the idea of another one later.

Yesterday was fun, I was home with the girls until Tim came home with another British car.  An 1960 Austin Healy "bug eye."  It is cute, and the car actually smiles at you!  It is tiny, red and really cute.  He posted his first car on EBay yesterday, so that is a new adventure for us too.

And today, while getting ready for Church, I had done Emma and Audrey's hair pretty and was working on Kennedy when I decided to give her her first haircut.  She had a bunch of long wispy hair on her crown that just made any styling impossible.  So, I trimmed them off and she has the cutest curly bob cut.  Her hair is so much slower coming in that the other girls, and she is blonder too, but it really matches her personality.

Well that is the longest post in forever, but I'm glad February has listened and not escaped me.  The Olympics have been amazing and make me miss skiing like crazy, but I'll get back to it.  I'm planning on running Pat's run in April, and from there getting ready for a 10K and eventually (hopefully this year) a 1/2 marathon.  It's very ambitious for me, but I want to believe I can do it.

On the docket for this week is turn in our DVR and go cut out TV.  We will lose our home phone number, but I'll email everyone Tim's phone number, and mine will stay the same.  We'll let you know how it goes... till then, I'm surprised anyone stuck around this long!!!

No comments: