Monday, January 18, 2010

Saturday stuff...

We started our Saturday morning with a fun run/walk with our ward.  It was 2 miles around a neighborhood by our stake center and it was beautiful!  Emma walked half and ran half, she did great!  Kennedy even walked/ran half of it, and so did Audrey.  I tried to ride in the stroller, but nobody would push me (ha ha).  I was inspired enough by some women in my ward who are training for the London's Run 1/2 marathon.  I may go for the 2 mile walk with my kids so they can feel the race atmosphere.  That's about all my knees can handle right now, till I'm in better shape, but that is on Jan 30 in Queen Creek.  Anyway, the girls loved it and I'll probably include them at that race too.  Also, the Race for Africa's Children associated with Care For Life  should be coming up and I'll post info when I get it.

After the race there was a classic car show in the parking lot of the grocery store by our house. Tim thought it would be a great place to show off some of his, uh, hobbies/work.  He is amazing. He got this 1970 Triumph (white) that hasn't run for over 10 years and had it running and shinnied up for the show in just 10 days.  "Little Red" drew some nice attention, but who wouldn't want to look at her twice!  (MGB)

Emma and Audrey loved this pink get-up and wanted their picture by it.  There was also a fire truck there they were letting kids in to look around. Pretty fun, and absolutely beautiful overcast 70 degree day here in good ol' Gilbert.




They wanted to buy this one!

Audrey is looking nervous because there is another kid that jumped in right next to her...



So it doesn't confuse you, (where do they get the money to buy these cars?)  Tim is starting to flip cars to make some extra cash.  Tim has a great talent for buying low and selling high.  This Triumph was a good buy to try out selling on Ebay motors. I'm so glad he has a hobby that makes money rather than takes away.  We have owned more than 30 cars in our 10 years of marriage and only lost money on 2.  That's pretty good stats if you ask me.  He's happy and it gets him away from 3 (sometimes 4) whiney girls!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Very cool hobby, Tim, and yes, it's much better when the hobbies produce rather than cost money! :) Your girls are so beautiful, Kellie! I have to laugh because they are all wearing pants and long sleeves and it's 70 degrees; I'd be wearing shorts. But I guess we just acclimate, huh? Arizona sounds great to me right now!