Thursday, March 10, 2011

Time for Me

Does that exist?  If it does, where? What would I do with it if I found it?  Here I have maybe 3 minutes, that's if the internet works and I don't have a daughter crisis.  I wanted to post that I need to compliment myself.  I had an awesome weekend at Ragnar, then a full week of work until Friday morning at about 10 where there was a situation wherein things were done/said and I was sent home and layed off.  It was really crappy.  I loved working at that office in Fountain Hill and had been there 15 months.  I felt really crummy all day Friday and Saturday, but Sunday the lesson at church was amazing about pride from Conference 2010 and 1989.  It made me think a lot about myself and my attitude and now that it's been about a week, I feel much better and am looking toward the future with a huge smile.  There were some crazy things about that work situation.  I had given my notice to the other office I worked in and was scheduled to start full time in Fountain Hills, and that was all cut off.  I am blessed to be able to work again at that office Dr. Smith because he allowed me to come back.  I really didn't want to leave, but they made me a great offer in FH, and it took me 8 months to accept it.  Now I know why I felt so hesitant to take it and put all my eggs in one basket. Never again.  Dr. Smith is wonderful, and I can find other work as needed and stay with him from here on out.  He was so understanding when I called him sobbing about what had happened and he told me I could have my position back.  I am so blessed to have the support of my wonderful husband through this.  I think it's harder on him to see me get fired, because I'd be absolutely LIVID if he got fired in the manner I was subjected to.  He is my best friend, and he had a birthday this week and it was crummy because I saw him for all of 45 minutes.  I am so grateful for the physical and mental strength I have gained from running that helped me through that blow last week.  I love to run.  I hope my body will allow me to do it for a long time.  I'm starting to ramble and the kids are calling me and... more later... I hope.

No comments: