Sunday, September 14, 2008

Childhood

Kennedy. What more can I say.


I enjoy the words that come out of my kids mouths so much. Audrey never ceases to crack me up. She is always the first to say "Naaaaoooot" meaning "not me, I didn't do it" and she sings it like a disney princess. She'll even do this when I have seen her do what she says she didn't. It's great. Emma likes to just tease and be teased. Honestly, if they didn't tease each other, I'd be worried. We came up with aliases for the girls tonight over dinner. We decided Emma is "Screech" for her alienesque screem, Audrey is "Twister" for her ability to twirl like a princess and recover in record time, and Kennedy is "Bubbles" due to her amazing ability to blow spit bubbles, which Emma and Audrey never actually did. Tim made killer chili and I made rolls to boot and we had lots of fun after Church tonight. Once I can get the kids to get it through their brains that we are NOT WATCHING A "KID CHANNEL" then they go and play great. Pictures of our newly renovated play room to come, stay tuned.


As for the amazing process of "de-junking" our house, we rediscovered this amazing piece of furniture my parents gave to us, well as a filler for our house, to get it out of their garage, then never really took it back, then said, it officially belongs to us. I don't have a before picture, but if I come across one, I'll post the before with the after (in your mind's eye picture yellowed oak stained with wood grain and lots of water spots). We had it painted and moved it to our front entry way. It looks AMAZING. Thanks Mom and Dad.


Here is a picture of how we sometimes pass the time, Rob and Tim playing some "shoot-em-up" game on X-Box 360 with Kennedy chillin' out in the middle.



I live for the brief moments where everyone is happy, relatively sweet smelling and dry and on my lap. They are brief moments. I love my family so dang much it hurts, and I often feel like I don't make the most of them. Well, good thing we have new beginnings, like Anne Shirley said, "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it." Good ol' Anne.

2 comments:

lundgrenville said...

Okay-Cute!!! Cute!!! Cute!!! Did I say cute!! Those girls are darling. And they look so much like you Kelly.
I am really jealous about that white piece that you had painted. Absolutely love it. Did you have it professionally done?? If so...tell me where. I have an armoire that I want painted & Im scared to do it myself.

jenjen said...

There is something so sweet about a family snuggling. I love when we all end up in the bed together (in the morning after everyone has gotten a good nights rest!) Can't wait to see the new toy room!